The Leatherhead Street Market
Every Thursday and Saturday from 08:30 to mid-afternoon, come rain or shine, Leatherhead High Street becomes alive with a wide variety of market stalls selling all sorts of goods. From fruit and vegetables, handbags and scarves, to batteries and pet food, there is something for everyone.
Run by The Leatherhead Chamber of Commerce, the market is always on the lookout for new and interesting stallholders so that we can expand the current offering. We still have some availability and the costs are extremely reasonable.
With pitches costing between £30 and £42 depending on the size, and a fantastic team working on town events, networking and social media, there are many reasons to trade at this bustling town centre market.
The terms and conditions are highlighted below, with a form to fill out if you require a stall.
Otherwise, for further information, please contact the Market Manager:
Ms Gilda Moezi-Ghadim
Leatherhead Market Manager
Before completing the Application Form please take a moment to read through these notes:
1. Trade is carried out under the auspices of the Leatherhead and District Chamber of Commerce Ltd, who retain the exclusive right to market trading in Leatherhead High Street and surrounding consent streets.
2. Sites are not transferable and may not be sold.
3. All stallholders must have a £5M Public Liability Insurance. This can be obtained from most insurance companies but the National Market Traders Federation is the simplest to access online.
4. Sale of foodstuffs is governed by rules set out by the Local Authority, Mole Valley District Council. The Environmental Health Officer can be contacted on 01306 885001 (copies of EHO rules are available).
5. Evidence of both Public Liability Insurance and EHO Certificate must be supplied before trading can commence.
6. Trading is from 9:00am to 5:00pm on Thursdays and Saturdays. Stalls must be set up by 9:00am, and all vehicles must be removed from the High Street. Parking is the stallholder’s responsibility.
7. Any refuse produced will be removed if placed in a sack and left beside a waste bin.
8. The gates to the street are opened at 3:15pm to allow traders’ vehicles into the street before public traffic.
9. Rents are collected mid-afternoon.